Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Practice

Overview

I work exclusively with couples. My interest is in helping couples achieve a rich, healthy, loving, conscious relationship. I work from the Imago Relationship Theory of Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt. My role is as a coach, facilitator and educator. I will give you the tools and understanding you need to reach a richer life together.

I have a home-based practice.

I am also available for pre-marital counseling. It is a great benefit to go into a lifetime commitment with the fullest knowledge of what to expect. This can be in a group setting or a private session.

I am also available for workshops on love, relationships, and communication.

Appointments

Appointments can be made by telephoning or emailing me. Daytime and evening hours are available. Book a free 30 minute appointment during which I will explain how I work, and you can assess if I am someone you can work with. The first “real” appointment is 2 hours, as there is a great deal to cover. After that, appointments are 1 1/2 hours in length. This is my preference, but I am open to alternatives that work better for you. The number of sessions needed is totally up to you. I suggest committing to a minimum of 6 sessions, as that is the fewest needed for me to teach you the necessary tools.

I want you to be comfortable in our sessions, so I provide coffee, tea or water, as well as homemade cookies or fruit.

During each session I will get feedback from you as to how it went for you.

Fees

Daytime fees (defined as any session that ends by 5 pm): $80 per hour

Evening fees (defined as any session that ends after 5 pm): $100 per hour

I structure my fees this way to give incentive for couples to come during the day. By doing so, one can save $30 on a standard 1 1/2 hour appointment, and $40 on the initial appointment.

Jennifer Erickson MSW RSW

Guelph, ON Canada

jenerick@golden.net 519-767-8460